Oct 3, 2026, 11:36:18
Ownage Owls

Author Topic: My computer mod!  (Read 268 times)

Sep 6, 2011, 14:28:02
Reply #15
Offline

Mdbelen

Staff
nice, looks kinda metallic to me

how much did you pay for color btw?

ah and dude, you could cut the plastic from the backside so much, that the grooving of the Gateway lettering is removed, so you can illuminate this from behind, preferentially with a glow-effect :D
« Last Edit: Sep 6, 2011, 14:33:48 by Mdbelen »

Sep 7, 2011, 18:09:19
Reply #16
Offline

Erick

Member
nice, looks kinda metallic to me

how much did you pay for color btw?

ah and dude, you could cut the plastic from the backside so much, that the grooving of the Gateway lettering is removed, so you can illuminate this from behind, preferentially with a glow-effect :D
8) 

Cut? no no no no no! I see that you like  illumination.

OK last pic was just with one coat of paint, now I will show a preview of the final paint with clear paint.

I will let you do the conclusions!  ;P

We are not just a community of players who team up to win clan-wars, we are and have always been, a clan based on friendship and socializing.

Sep 13, 2011, 02:30:17
Reply #17

AlvaroTits

Guest
And all this shit for?
Nah, it´s cool yeah, that blue is awesome. Good luck with it nabo!

Sep 24, 2011, 01:06:28
Reply #18
Offline

Erick

Member
Alvaro nice fucking pic ! lol ...

sorry that I was away...

Ok this is what I will do for the pc, because is mATX there is not mush to fit in! but in the end it will have nice specifications!

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3 H67 LGA1155 Mini-ITX
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3
Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series (idk with one, maybe h60)
Power: Athena Power AP-MP4ATX55FEP8 550W Micro ATX
Video card: Well, you guys can help me in that, just pick one from here that is not more then $150 :D lol   http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/guidedSearch.asp?CatId=28&sel=Price%3BPrice4   I like the    Gigabyte 1GD Radeon HD 6850 and XFX HD-Radeon HD 6850... 

so tell me what you think?
We are not just a community of players who team up to win clan-wars, we are and have always been, a clan based on friendship and socializing.

Sep 24, 2011, 02:07:04
Reply #19
Offline

Mdbelen

Staff
If you use water to cool your cpu you really should use water to cool your gpu aswell, otherwise it's pretty senseless i think.
And i would rather spend the money in better specifications instead of water cooling. Dunno what it costs, I guess something around 100$ with gpucooler?

Sep 24, 2011, 02:31:27
Reply #20
Offline

Erick

Member
mmm that will be more $$$$ but idk. I think I will stay with the  Gigabyte 1GD Radeon HD 6850 because it have nice cooling and its 400W

OHHH

CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 Processor 3.1GHz 3MB LGA1155
We are not just a community of players who team up to win clan-wars, we are and have always been, a clan based on friendship and socializing.

Sep 24, 2011, 11:36:17
Reply #21
Offline

Matrix

Staff
When you're done can you send it to me? :P

Also is the case too small to have a full sized mobo?



Sep 24, 2011, 14:44:43
Reply #22
Online

Potzo

Staff
That cpu cooling unit is made to work on their own, why would gpu need something similiar
The gpu's you mentioned aren't so excessive and warm, it's just essential to get water cooling for you system..
Don't be cheap on CPU (at least i5) or GPU either, get ATI 6970 or Nvidia 580
« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2011, 14:46:47 by ToMo »
Join us on Discord

Sep 24, 2011, 15:05:18
Reply #23
Offline

Mdbelen

Staff
Idk about graphic cards but i'd suggest nvidia to you. I have a Radeon 5850 and drivers just sux asses. (E.g. MTA needs about ~20 seconds from showing the splash to opening GTA which is pretty sure a problem of the video driver. Control center sux too: fat, slow, just shit. I feel like this is slowing down my pc more than my gpu is speeding it up *hah* New games run good though and the gpu itself it quite powerful).
400+W PSU should actually be enough with 6850 but that doesnt rly matter anyway..
« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2011, 15:21:04 by Mdbelen »

Sep 24, 2011, 15:32:54
Reply #24
Online

Potzo

Staff
Also don't be cheap on Power Supply...
Make sure you have quality PSU (Athena Power??). Maybe bit stronger too
Join us on Discord

Sep 24, 2011, 18:34:27
Reply #25
Offline

Erick

Member
That cpu cooling unit is made to work on their own, why would gpu need something similiar
The gpu's you mentioned aren't so excessive and warm, it's just essential to get water cooling for you system..
Don't be cheap on CPU (at least i5) or GPU either, get ATI 6970 or Nvidia 580

MM but that i3 will do the same + if is about overclocking it can go up to 4GHz, what you think?  
about the graphic card I really don't know, because of the $$$$ Gigabyte the Radeon HD 6850 is not cheap, they just low the price xP I saw reviews about it and they are positive. what you think?

Idk about graphic cards but i'd suggest nvidia to you. I have a Radeon 5850 and drivers just sux asses. (E.g. MTA needs about ~20 seconds from showing the splash to opening GTA which is pretty sure a problem of the video driver. Control center sux too: fat, slow, just shit. I feel like this is slowing down my pc more than my gpu is speeding it up *hah* New games run good though and the gpu itself it quite powerful).
400+W PSU should actually be enough with 6850 but that doesnt rly matter anyway..
ok what about EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1GB  or  Geforce GTX 550 ti 1GB  or  Geforce GTX 550 2GB   oh and they are some SuperClocked Editions

 guys I don't have to go high on price to get a nice performance, you should know better then that!

Also don't be cheap on Power Supply...
Make sure you have quality PSU (Athena Power??). Maybe bit stronger too

Yes I was thinking about that, I am looking for the corsair Gaming Series power supply, I even ask then if it have the same dimensions of a  mATX power supply.


I am not been cheap, I just need to know what I am going to buy to get it cheap xP... Example: the Motherboard is like $150 to $130 and I got it for $91 free shipping Q_Q  nice ah? now look it up and see if you can find it at that price! lol ..... Corsair Vengeance 8 GB goes up to $150 I could got it for $48 and that was like 3 days ago, now is $58. so now I will have to buy it at that price  :o
« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2011, 19:02:35 by -EЯiCk- »
We are not just a community of players who team up to win clan-wars, we are and have always been, a clan based on friendship and socializing.

Sep 24, 2011, 19:15:05
Reply #26
Offline

Matrix

Staff
To OC easily, you're gonna want an i5 2500K or i7 2600K. Also are you sure that your motherboard supports OCing?
« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2011, 19:19:57 by Matrix »



Sep 24, 2011, 20:12:41
Reply #27
Offline

Erick

Member
To OC easily, you're gonna want an i5 2500K or i7 2600K. Also are you sure that your motherboard supports OCing?
I will not overclock, I was just saying. and yes this mini motherboard can do allot! The mini ITX are use for home theaters and blablabla, but hey they are some fucking nice borard out there!

Read it your self! 

http://www.itxgamer.com/motherboards/gigabyte-ga-h67n-usb3-b3-review/

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3783#ov
We are not just a community of players who team up to win clan-wars, we are and have always been, a clan based on friendship and socializing.

Sep 24, 2011, 20:21:54
Reply #28
Offline

Erick

Member
Hey take a look at this!



lol! the black one is the Corsair Graphite Series 600T, very nice case, but I will not build that one now :D
We are not just a community of players who team up to win clan-wars, we are and have always been, a clan based on friendship and socializing.

Sep 24, 2011, 20:52:34
Reply #29
Offline

Erick

Member
Spam!!!!

You guys fuck me really hard! lol   I will go with the Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) done!
We are not just a community of players who team up to win clan-wars, we are and have always been, a clan based on friendship and socializing.