Oct 3, 2026, 11:36:18
Ownage Owls

Author Topic: My computer mod!  (Read 268 times)

Sep 4, 2011, 17:51:59
Read 268 times
Offline

Erick

Member
Hello there, I am in the way to do some mods on my pc. Well they are no really really mods, but paint and hardware.  :awsum:  

My desktop:  Gateway gt5404 (shity pc now, will see in the end!)

I will update stuff so, try to support me :D   Comment and suggest stuff !


The case is micro ATX, no to mush to stuff that I can place inside, but will see about that

« Last Edit: Sep 4, 2011, 17:56:52 by -EЯiCk- »
We are not just a community of players who team up to win clan-wars, we are and have always been, a clan based on friendship and socializing.

Sep 4, 2011, 18:29:23
Reply #1
Offline

Erick

Member
materials that I will be using


Nude case  ;o

We are not just a community of players who team up to win clan-wars, we are and have always been, a clan based on friendship and socializing.

Sep 4, 2011, 18:57:23
Reply #2
Offline

Matrix

Staff
Is this your PC with the "Intel Core i7-990X Extreme Edition 3.46GHz" and "HD 6990"? It doesn't look like it lol.



Sep 4, 2011, 19:08:17
Reply #3
Offline

Millhouse

Member
at materials pic:
why is bra there?

Sep 4, 2011, 19:17:42
Reply #4
Offline

Pet

Member
Its a respirator not bra lol.

Sep 4, 2011, 19:22:26
Reply #5
Offline

Erick

Member
Is this your PC with the "Intel Core i7-990X Extreme Edition 3.46GHz" and "HD 6990"? It doesn't look like it lol.

Nothing close to that lolololololol no even....

at materials pic:
why is bra there?

My girl let me  borrow it LOL

Its a respirator not bra lol.
LOL




I do not have to prime the inside so I will go with black paint.


We are not just a community of players who team up to win clan-wars, we are and have always been, a clan based on friendship and socializing.

Sep 4, 2011, 19:35:32
Reply #6
Offline

Matrix

Staff
You should make it look like a Mac Pro, take it into an Apple store and beat the shit out of it with a baseball bat. This will make all the hipster faggots in there cry. Oh, and record it on video.



Sep 4, 2011, 19:52:38
Reply #7
Offline

Shadow_

Inactive Owl
lol apple faggots :D
Welcome to the wonderful world that is Ownage Owls, we welcome you into our aviary and you may do as you please. but we must ask you do not steal the food, as ToMo will get extremely angry.

Sep 4, 2011, 20:52:36
Reply #8
Offline

Erick

Member
LOL guys...

Epic blackness Q_Q
We are not just a community of players who team up to win clan-wars, we are and have always been, a clan based on friendship and socializing.

Sep 4, 2011, 22:30:21
Reply #9
Online

Potzo

Staff
Oh nice
You bought new hardware or what?
Specs please :D
Join us on Discord

Sep 5, 2011, 01:50:50
Reply #10
Offline

Mdbelen

Staff
eh waitwaht, your case was already black, wasn't it? Or did you want to blacken the in- and backside aswell?

I sprayed some old power supply black with water-based acrylic color once. I used the cheapest available color and neither primed the surface nor used any sealing enamel. It took very long to dry out and you can still scratch it with your fingernail.
Your color looks like higher quality, but i think sealing or priming would still be a good idea, especially for the outside of the case, otherwise you have to touch it with velvet gloves afterwards^^

For spraying my old notebook white, is used some non water-based color which seems muSH more scratch-resistant to me but a very little piece flaked off some days ago after some mechanical load (the notebook is plastic-surface, and I used no primer again)

So if you want a really good-looking result which isn't scratched after few month i'd suggest you to use either a primer or some kind of sealing enamel. Dunno what of these 2 is more effective.


And (how) do you plan to illuminate your case? I love orange with black, e.g. LED's. Toghether with some plexiglass you can do funny things.

Oh and my current unmodded case (black everywhere from stock) seems to have some grounding problems which makes my front-connectors do unfunny things. Hope that such shit doesn't happen to you.
« Last Edit: Sep 5, 2011, 01:54:45 by Mdbelen »

Sep 5, 2011, 06:59:29
Reply #11
Offline

Erick

Member
Oh nice
You bought new hardware or what?
Specs please :D

ohlala I will not tell yet  :}


eh waitwaht, your case was already black, wasn't it? Or did you want to blacken the in- and backside aswell?

I sprayed some old power supply black with water-based acrylic color once. I used the cheapest available color and neither primed the surface nor used any sealing enamel. It took very long to dry out and you can still scratch it with your fingernail.
Your color looks like higher quality, but i think sealing or priming would still be a good idea, especially for the outside of the case, otherwise you have to touch it with velvet gloves afterwards^^

For spraying my old notebook white, is used some non water-based color which seems muSH more scratch-resistant to me but a very little piece flaked off some days ago after some mechanical load (the notebook is plastic-surface, and I used no primer again)

So if you want a really good-looking result which isn't scratched after few month i'd suggest you to use either a primer or some kind of sealing enamel. Dunno what of these 2 is more effective.


And (how) do you plan to illuminate your case? I love orange with black, e.g. LED's. Toghether with some plexiglass you can do funny things.

Oh and my current unmodded case (black everywhere from stock) seems to have some grounding problems which makes my front-connectors do unfunny things. Hope that such shit doesn't happen to you.


O.o what? mdebelenbelenlondendancentonlodendolan! it wast not black. look at the first post.

because the inside had not color, just a flat metal, I paint it with out sanding or priming. and yes if you see in the first post I have the sand paper, I have a lot to sand   :please:  note: if you want a nice paint you just have to do tree to four coat of paint, saw my? I will let it alone for 2 or 1 day and then I will repaint with one or two coats of sand... ohh about the paint, you have to look for paint that are for cars because those have good fucking quality.

Illuminate will be blue. the paint inside is gloss black, out side is blue no gloss but it will look sick :D


one more thing.... why is this section is hide O.o
« Last Edit: Sep 5, 2011, 07:06:37 by -EЯiCk- »
We are not just a community of players who team up to win clan-wars, we are and have always been, a clan based on friendship and socializing.

Sep 5, 2011, 14:19:45
Reply #12
Offline

Mdbelen

Staff
will you paint your mobo?
XD
And remember: when opening the power supply you loose AAAAL GUARANTEE and if your house burns down the insurance will not pay! :P at least thats what it's like in germany lol.
The second color i used (white one) was for carrrs.
I will let it alone for 2 or 1 day and then I will repaint with one or two coats of sand...
What, you want the surface to be sand-coarse? lol nice

Oh and i thought you wanted to modify the gateway case. Didn't see that it's another case in your 2nd post.

What shit will you be using to illuminate mr. Ericklectric?
« Last Edit: Sep 5, 2011, 14:22:07 by Mdbelen »

Sep 5, 2011, 22:52:02
Reply #13
Offline

Erick

Member
will you paint your mobo?
XD
And remember: when opening the power supply you loose AAAAL GUARANTEE and if your house burns down the insurance will not pay! :P at least thats what it's like in germany lol.
The second color i used (white one) was for carrrs.
I will let it alone for 2 or 1 day and then I will repaint with one or two coats of sand...
What, you want the surface to be sand-coarse? lol nice

Oh and i thought you wanted to modify the gateway case. Didn't see that it's another case in your 2nd post.

What shit will you be using to illuminate mr. Ericklectric?

-__- is the same case! but with everything out!

for  illuminate i will your your @@@@ lol .... is a close case so maybe just some blue fans
We are not just a community of players who team up to win clan-wars, we are and have always been, a clan based on friendship and socializing.

Sep 5, 2011, 23:00:26
Reply #14
Offline

Erick

Member
preview preview preview preview preview preview!  ;P

uff uff looks better in person!  Q_Q epic blueness
We are not just a community of players who team up to win clan-wars, we are and have always been, a clan based on friendship and socializing.