Oct 3, 2026, 11:36:42
Ownage Owls

Author Topic: MTA:Race maps  (Read 213 times)

Jun 11, 2010, 18:28:04
Read 213 times
Offline

Thunderstorm


Hey guys,
This is a long time ago since I wrote a new topic on the forum. MTA 1.0 is probably the reason of that.
MTA 1.0 is also the source of my problem now. I haven't worked much with this new MTA so I'm asking you to help me out with the following problem:
I have lots of old maps, made in MTA:Race. Now, I wanted to play them, by reinstalling MTA:Race or transfering them to MTA 1.0
I downloaded an MTA:Race setup from GTAPlace, executed it (with succes, it says) and tried it. When I started it, the menu of MTA 1.0 popped up. I don't know how to get MTA:Race back.
So since that didn't work out, I at least wanted to transfer the maps to MTA 1.0. But since I haven't made any maps in it, I do not know where to put the maps (what folder the maps are saved in). When I wanted to make a map to see where it would be saved, I couldn't even start the map editor. (Error: something with cannot start a local server)

Me ain't happy now D:
Help meeh!
Thanks,

Former Owl, Thunderstorm
Posted by Basti [a.k.a. Thunderstorm/Thundering]
I HATE ASSLICKERS TOO

Jun 12, 2010, 01:07:01
Reply #1
Offline

Over


I dont know If I'm talking about the right thing, but back on XIII forum (which is now down), there was a thread on installing MTA Race and Mta 1.0

You installed race under a slightly different name, like 'Old Mta' and 1.0 as something like 'New Mta'.

Then you went into the MTA RACE folders, and renamed the client.dll something else, like 'oldclient.dll'

Then you can use the map maker in the old MTA but not the server, and the server and mapmaker in the newer MTA.
                                                                                                                                                                                         

MTA race map files are in a really wierd place, you had to search for 'appdata' then click virtualstore/programfiles/oldmta/mods/maps/
I Can't remember where MTA 1.0 maps are stored though.

Hope that helped if that's what you meant :D
[Insert signature here]

Jun 12, 2010, 23:05:25
Reply #2
Offline

Thunderstorm


They weren't installed seperately, they were both installed in MTA San Andreas folder. I could seperate them, though, if I'd know which files belonged to the old MTA and which ones to the new MTA...
When I opened up every folder and looked for client.dll, which was in the old mta section, I renamed it to oldclient.dll. When I tried to start the map editor in new mta, it still couldn't start a local server (failed to load library blahblah..) plus I couldn't play no more.
I will take some screens to show you how it's installed right now.

Program files / MTA San Andreas:


Program files / MTA San Andreas / MTA (dunno which one, probably new one, cause in the file 'console' it says "votemap race-wipeout"):


Program files / MTA San Andreas / Mods (place where the old mta maps used to be saved (in all those map_editors)):


Program files / MTA San Andreas / Server (not sure, but I think from old mta):


Program files / MTA San Andreas / Server / Mods:
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2010, 23:12:08 by Thunderstorm »
Posted by Basti [a.k.a. Thunderstorm/Thundering]
I HATE ASSLICKERS TOO

Jun 13, 2010, 08:02:24
Reply #3
Offline

Over


[Insert signature here]

Jun 13, 2010, 14:41:30
Reply #4
Offline

Thunderstorm


This is getting better and better. Now that I've done exactly what the vid told me to do, neither of the two MTAs will work... I get the popup of "MTA, stop playing with yourself", but then it fails and stops doing anything.
Posted by Basti [a.k.a. Thunderstorm/Thundering]
I HATE ASSLICKERS TOO

Jun 13, 2010, 17:27:55
Reply #5
Offline

Thunderstorm


I've got the new MTA working now, somehow...
Posted by Basti [a.k.a. Thunderstorm/Thundering]
I HATE ASSLICKERS TOO

Jun 14, 2010, 06:56:18
Reply #6
Offline

Over


Hmm...    :/
[Insert signature here]

Jun 15, 2010, 16:52:27
Reply #7
Offline

Mdbelen

Staff
I would just install it to 2 very seperate folders. Just install both of them anew (MTA 1.0 with full installation, including local server and all resources, ..)

The maps for editing in MTA 1.0 are saved in: ...MTA\server\mods\deathmatch\resources\ as .zip files or folders. You can just zip the content of a folder and put it in the same directory, thats no difference.

To use the old Maps in new MTA you have to convert them with this tool http://files.mtasa.com/apps/1.0/raceconv.zip

Jun 15, 2010, 21:09:27
Reply #8
Offline

Thunderstorm


Thanks md.., that really helped me out. It's working now. Damnit that new editor is screwed up. I don't get it and all the pickups, spawnpoints and other things are gone :( Gosh I wish MTA:Race would be more populair...
Posted by Basti [a.k.a. Thunderstorm/Thundering]
I HATE ASSLICKERS TOO

Jun 16, 2010, 10:42:54
Reply #9
Offline

Over


Thats why I use MTA:race to make maps, the new one is too confusing...
But for using the new one, to get pickups and stuff you have to add the 'race' definition in definitions, and race gamemode or something like that...
[Insert signature here]

Jun 17, 2010, 20:27:07
Reply #10
Offline

Thunderstorm


'Definitions' is a folder, file? And when I add this, everything goes back to normal?
Posted by Basti [a.k.a. Thunderstorm/Thundering]
I HATE ASSLICKERS TOO

Jun 18, 2010, 05:44:17
Reply #11
Offline

Over


When you are in MTA:SA 1.0 Mapeditor, if you played the tutorial it shows you all the buttons, and where you can add map definitions
[Insert signature here]

Jun 18, 2010, 18:46:39
Reply #12
Offline

Mdbelen

Staff
you have to define the gamemode for which you make the map for to "race".

But i never figured out how to make e.g. vehicle change pickups, too :S

And this fucking editor is so bugged with me OMG

Jun 19, 2010, 04:50:07
Reply #13
Offline

Over


Heres a better mini-tutorial

Open map editor -> press 'f'

Click 'definitions' in the top right -> click 'race' then click 'add'

Then go to map settings -> gamemodes -> click 'race', click 'add'


Then to get pickups:

hover your cursor over the bottom left of the screen, then scroll up/down. There should now be three items there, checkpoint - pickup - spawnpoint.


Press 'F5' to test it when you need
[Insert signature here]

Jun 22, 2010, 15:43:55
Reply #14
Offline

Thunderstorm


I got that...
But isn't there any way to get the positions of the old pickups back, so I don't have to add them myself?
Anyway, this editor is really fucked up.

PS: I accidentally skipped the tutorial, and I can't get it back.
Posted by Basti [a.k.a. Thunderstorm/Thundering]
I HATE ASSLICKERS TOO