Oct 3, 2026, 11:33:23
Ownage Owls

Author Topic: Good movies  (Read 480 times)

May 15, 2012, 09:46:38
Reply #15
Offline

rijads

Member
Taken

Its thriller movie about 17 year old girl who travels with a friend to foreign country, and gets kidnapped.
She manages to call her father just before they take her, and than throughout the movie he searches for her while killing everyone (the ones that he is supposed to kill, and the ones that he isnt supposed to kill).
I wont spoil anything else since I think you should watch this movie, I liked it, Its one of better thrillers I watched (even though there are some unbelievable scenes, but almost every movie has these).

May 15, 2012, 14:10:07
Reply #16
Offline

FST


Taken

Its thriller movie about 17 year old girl who travels with a friend to foreign country, and gets kidnapped.
She manages to call her father just before they take her, and than throughout the movie he searches for her while killing everyone (the ones that he is supposed to kill, and the ones that he isnt supposed to kill).
I wont spoil anything else since I think you should watch this movie, I liked it, Its one of better thrillers I watched (even though there are some unbelievable scenes, but almost every movie has these).
Thats a really good one
]

May 19, 2012, 21:50:45
Reply #17
Online

Potzo

Staff
Avengers
I watched it in cinema in 3D. I knew it wasn't going to be storywise, just wanted to see it for fun
And it's what you'd expect. It was only good fun
Marvel's Avengers Assemble (2012) Watch the Official trailer | HD

John Carter
I truly enjoyed this movie. Didn't listen to critics.
Disney really is doing so fucking good in movie and game industry.
"Mars never looked so good."
JOHN CARTER Trailer 2012 Movie - Official [HD]

Chronicle
Could be much better, I expected more from this. But I wasn't bored while watching it
Chronicle - Official Trailer (2012) [HD]

Seeking Justice
A really fun movie to watch. And the story also.
Recently Nicholas Cage was on some really bad movies. But this one turns out to be good
'Seeking Justice' Trailer HD

Man on a Ledge
Was kinda surprised, but the story was actually kinda nice executed all together. Definately recommending.
MAN ON A LEDGE - Trailer

The Divide
For this movie I expected it to be more SF involved, but it turned out to be really sick.
I don't hate the movie, I actually really like it for being diversed
'The Divide' Trailer

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
This one continues to entertain me like the first one. Jokes, action, story, I like it.
Sherlock Holmes - Official Movie Trailer 2009 [High Quality] - HD

The Grey

Trully awful movie filled with unrealistic stuff and boring story. Expected more because of Liam Neeson...
The Grey - Official Theatrical Trailer #2
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 21:57:02 by ToMo »
Join us on Discord

May 20, 2012, 01:28:57
Reply #18
Offline

rijads

Member
Some nice movies in there, I am also going to cinema to watch avengers, everyone just keeps on talking about them... anyways here are some of mine:

No Country for Old Men
Llewelyn Moss stumbles across of briefcase of money while hunting for deer in West Texas and decides to run off with it. The villain (Anton Chigurh) is a mentally disturbed and psychopathic killer without any regard to humanity. His search for his money brings him throughout West Texas, and in the process kills many people. Very unforgiving, he relies on a simple quarter in multiple cases to decide whether or not someone gets to live... or die.
This is seriously a must-see for anything
5/5 Stars.

Narnia: Prince Caspian
Worth the watch if its for the whole family but kinda lacking in acting but good for children under the age of 16.
3/5

Despicable Me
Its so fluffy I  AM GONNA DIE.......
4/5

Salt
Who is SALT? For me SALT is an ass kicking,sexy vixen spy.
 The film has a nice 'cold' gray look to it and the sounds/efx are very well done. I like Angelina Jolie a lot as an action star and this role fit her perfectly. I was 100% entertained and that's what it is all about.
4/5
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 01:31:37 by rijads »

Jun 8, 2012, 20:01:42
Reply #19
Online

Potzo

Staff
Vanishing on the 7th Street
A normal viewer won't think about the back story of this movie, but you have to use your imagination of whats actually happening
You wont like it otherwise
Vanishing On 7th Street - Official Trailer [HD]

Now lets move to the greatest movie ever.
Prometheus
Prometheus - Official Trailer [TRUE HD]
I went to see it last night in 3D. I had high expectations of this movie. And it was well worth it.
Great cast, great director and great genre.
There are really bad reviews, but I just can't understand people.
The script was partly written by Damon Lindelof, writer of Lost series. Which I really enjoyed because it left you thinking after almost every episode.
The characters evolved really nice, specially Elizabeth or Janek

People were saying it's a prequel to Alien, but Ridley Scott denied it. It really has alot of similarities.
Although it's the same universe with a different way of how the story evolves.

If you aren't SF fan(atic), you wont really like this.
This movie has some epic scenes. I wasn't bored not even one second.

The 3D was so much more easier to follow than Avengers. It felt more smooth, I wasn't losing on the screen!
But if you plan to see, 3D isn't really worth it, it really wont make any difference after all.
This movie isn't for 3D, expect for those holographic stuff which looked nice

Now about the story..
Group of scientiests found that ancient civilizations were sharing the same pictogram.
Weyland corp. led a multi billion dollar ship on a far away system based on the drawings.
When they got there, things went really bad. That's about everything I can tell you about the story.

It basically answers questions from Alien, about Space Jockey, origin of Alien, yet leaves so many questions.
There will be sequel, I'm sure. They did a good job in acting this, also it's visually stunning. Perfection.
I will go see it again next week again :)

****SPOILERS WARNING****
So today I was thinking more about the movie and actually figured out more stuff
So the starting scene comes with a engineer on a great waterfall scene. He drinks some black goo, which eventually kills him.
Falls in the water, 'accidentally' creates life on earth, now I am saying this because I really think they didn't want this to happen.

In the system where they were going, there was moon, which was the only one capable of life...
There they found a straight lines of domes

They were perfectly fine to breath inside dome, because something was creating breathable air
Also there was a body of engineer, later discovered it has origin of our DNA.
The head was cut by door of the room full of Vase shapped objects.
Vases started to release black goo when they disrupted the atmosphere in the room.
In the movie they really tried to point out that it affects really wierd on all living creatures.

And it's what's the key for all stuff. I think engineers created this as some sort of ultimate weapon for something

It affected caterpillars and other creatures, on the ground nearby, turned them violent
Two of crew members got lost.. Eventually some snake like creature killed one of the crew members.
Second one got violent, he was killed by crew members because he tried to kill everybody near the ship in the scene

David also put a small amount of black goo in water of Charlie Holloway. He was boyfriend of Elizabeth Shaw
They had sex, eventually David discovered she was pregnant. Now she didn't have a normal baby but some sort of octopus like creature.
It did grow really fast inside her. The scene afterwards was just amazing, I haven't seen anything similiar in years.

In the underground nearby there is a ship with engineers inside sleep stasis
One of them was alive. And it was a real surprise, but Peter Weyland (really old) decides to secretly be on the ship.

They went to 'talk' to him, asking him about the origin and why, why, why!
But, he didn't say a word, attacked them and tried to leave the planet. Probably to go on Earth.

As Prometheus wasn't a battle ship, it made the captain Janek go straight into it just to stop it.
Now, they were all dead expect for Elizabeth and David.

The supplies part of the ship was ejected before impact. But there was also a medical station where Elizabeth took away creature from herself.
It really grew alot. And the thing is that engineer was going after her, but she managed to get him attached by big octopus/creature

There were many ships underground nearby domes, since that was like a military zone for them I guess.
Since David knows how to fly those ships, they could return to home

But Elizabeth decided to go find out where Engineers really come from.

The movie ended with a scene back on ejected medical ship..
All the mixes between creatures, humans and engineer together with black goo, they created Alien!
And that's where the movie ended

« Last Edit: Jun 8, 2012, 21:18:52 by ToMo »
Join us on Discord

Jun 8, 2012, 20:16:30
Reply #20
Offline

Starac

Member
It's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving FORWARD!

Jun 18, 2012, 00:15:44
Reply #21
Online

Potzo

Staff
Triangle
Mind challenging movie, I am gonna watch it again tomorrow. There's lots of different theories by people on IMDb.
Triangle - Trailer

Wrath of the Titans
It's a sequel to Clash of the Titans. It's fun I guess, didn't particularly like it..
Wrath of the Titans Official Trailer #1 - Sam Worthington Movie (2012) HD

If anyone's interested..
This is my watchlist on IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/user/ur20445796/watchlist?start=1&view=grid&sort=listorian:desc&defaults=1&lists=watchlist
And my ratings on IMDb:http://www.imdb.com/user/ur20445796/ratings
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2012, 00:25:15 by ToMo »
Join us on Discord

Jun 20, 2012, 20:25:55
Reply #22
Offline

House M.D.


Al Pacino Speech on Devil's Advocate

Man vs. God vs. Satan
A personal classic
Movie: The Devil's Advocate

Jun 22, 2012, 19:50:31
Reply #23
Offline

rijads

Member
Battle: L.A

"We cannot lose Los Angeles!" - I liked it very much. Very raw and intense, especially with the sound FX the alien crafts/drones made and the way they moved. Loved how those sounds reminded me of an old big block Chevy, with no exhaust! Great ground level camera shots, puts you right in the action and action is what you get! I think there was about 20mins of no action/slow moments. Not too many cheesy lines or over the top heroics, thankfully. Many compare this film to Independence Day but I.D. was a slicker/cleaner styled movie with great performances (comedic ones too) and unique effects/visuals plus fist pumping action. Battle: LA on the other hand is a gritty, dirty, noisy and destructive movie. The film makers did a good job translating what it would be like in a supposed hostile alien take-over, hell on Earth...in this case for the city of Los Angeles or should that now be City of Aliens? (In more ways than one).

4/5

Jun 22, 2012, 20:39:31
Reply #24
Online

Potzo

Staff
I had so high expectations for that movie. I rated it 2/10 on IMDb
When it started with soldiers names and stuff, I knew what this might turn into
It's just another Army movie, but to spice it up, they used aliens
Because of "Sci-Fi" on the IMDb page, it bothers me
And trailers showed me it might be the one, yet there wasn't anything!
« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2012, 20:44:37 by ToMo »
Join us on Discord

Jun 22, 2012, 22:10:40
Reply #25
Offline

FST


I had so high expectations for that movie. I rated it 2/10 on IMDb
When it started with soldiers names and stuff, I knew what this might turn into
It's just another Army movie, but to spice it up, they used aliens
Because of "Sci-Fi" on the IMDb page, it bothers me
And trailers showed me it might be the one, yet there wasn't anything!

Totally Agree! & by the way the best(for me at least) alien Sci-Fi movie is this:
Independence Day - TRAILER HD

2nd best Superhero movie after The Dark Knight for me is this:
Official Watchmen Trailer

Most complex movie I've seen is:
Fight Club Trailer - HD

Best X-Men movie yet(Does this classify as a Super-Hero movie or not?):
X-Men: First Class Movie Trailer Official (HD)

Other Good Movies:
The Departed trailer HD
The Bourne Ultimatum Official Trailer #1 - David Strathairn Movie (2007) HD
The Prestige - Trailer
Real Steel - Official Trailer [HD]
Matrix Trailer HD (1999)
Gladiator Trailer HD


« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2012, 03:26:47 by FST »
]

Jun 25, 2012, 05:31:40
Reply #26
Offline

$@HoT@


~>$@HoT@<~

Jul 2, 2012, 22:38:08
Reply #27
Offline

Samurai



Jul 5, 2012, 00:02:55
Reply #28
Offline

rijads

Member
"Gamer" - Official Trailer [HQ HD]
OMFG, I can't believe this, I jsut watched gamer, and came here to post it !!!
Not a chance... the fuck.
Oke, I really liked the movie plot, story was going in right direction, effects were quite nice, but I was disapointed how it ended.
Lets say all of it was true, and humans could have been controlled like in the movie, still, I think the "bad guy" would be able to make the "good guy" do that, what he managed to resist, and not to do.
I give it 9/10.

Also note, stop copy pasting just random trailers, I dont care about them, youtube is full of them, I will delete future posts like that.
I WANT YOUR THOUGHTS ON MOVIE, YOUR REVIEW, NOT SOMETHING COPY PASTED FROM OTHER SITE LIKE TRAILER FROM YOUTUBE.
« Last Edit: Jul 5, 2012, 00:05:21 by rijads »

Jul 5, 2012, 09:00:00
Reply #29
Online

Potzo

Staff
I couldn't even handle first 15 minutes of Gamer, I turned off the movie.
Join us on Discord