Oct 3, 2026, 11:33:23
Ownage Owls

Author Topic: Good movies  (Read 480 times)

Mar 6, 2012, 13:46:24
Read 480 times
Offline

rijads

Member
Post in here, what movies recently did you watch, and liked, also always say what genre is it, and something about that movie, no spoilers!
I made this topic coz I am always looking for new movies, and half of them always disappoint me.

Keep this topic clean as possible, talk only about movies, no comments like:"OMG what a shitty description of a movie" or "What the fuck are you watching that movie sucks" etc etc.

Also keep this topic updated, don't post just once, but always when you watch some good movie. Follow topic, so you don't post any double topics about the same movie.

Here I ll start with first one, I just watched district b13, its action / freerunning movie made by french guys, its about one guy wanting to keep his district clean of black market etc, and build objects (schools, police stations) for better future in there, while "bad guy" kidnaps his sister, and he is trying to get her back. There is also b13 ultimatum, if you liked district b13, watch that one aswell.
« Last Edit: Mar 6, 2012, 13:50:59 by rijads »

Mar 6, 2012, 13:55:14
Reply #1
Offline

dark.Sector


yea that is a gr8 movie i watched too and i like it you could try and watch undisputed 3 if you didnt see it already is action movie is basicaly about prison fights or you could try conan the barbarian also action movie

Mar 6, 2012, 16:28:08
Reply #2
Offline

panglu

Member
Star Wars saga.

There are 6 movies:
1. Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999)
2. Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002)
3. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)
4. Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (1977)
5. Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
6. Star Wars Episode VI:Return of the Jedi (1983)

Action | Adventure | Fantasy

You can notice 4,5,6 came out before 1,2,3. That's because Geroge Lucas knew there will be much better technology for making films in future so he decided to wait. Chronology of the story goes in normal order as listed above so I recommend watching it that way. You can also watch 4,5,6 first, it's up to you.

It's fight between good and evil, jedi masters and sith lords, rebels and empire a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. All that with great music from John Williams.
Enjoy
« Last Edit: Mar 6, 2012, 16:30:26 by panglu »

Mar 6, 2012, 17:30:19
Reply #3
Offline

Mdbelen

Staff
I recetly downloaded Lord of War with Nicolas Cage and Blood Diamond. Didnt watch them yet but friend recommended them to me.
Both not too new (around 2005) and genre like... idk xD Lord of War is not a film about War as you might think but about an arms dealer trying to get rich or so.. and Blood Diamond about something like slavery-like black diamond searchers in africa where one finds a huge diamond and wants to "steal" it lolul. What a fail abstract xD

Mar 6, 2012, 18:08:53
Reply #4
Offline

Slipknot.

Member
I suggest the movie "The Negotiator" it is so awesome or "Pulp Ficrion" in both movies is Samuel L. Jackson and i like his movies so much :D watch it and you'll love it too

Mar 6, 2012, 18:16:57
Reply #5
Offline

Leonardo

Inactive Owl
I recetly downloaded Lord of War with Nicolas Cage and Blood Diamond. Didnt watch them yet but friend recommended them to me.
Both not too new (around 2005) and genre like... idk xD Lord of War is not a film about War as you might think but about an arms dealer trying to get rich or so.. and Blood Diamond about something like slavery-like black diamond searchers in africa where one finds a huge diamond and wants to "steal" it lolul. What a fail abstract xD

Watched Lord of War recently and it's pretty cool. One movie I can surely suggest is The Departed. It's a five star movie if I'm not wrong). It's about the police and a mafia, who also both got a snitch inside the other. Mainly an action movie :).

Mar 6, 2012, 19:18:17
Reply #6
Online

Potzo

Staff
Yea belen
Blood diamond is good movie..

I wont bother to tell you the full info, just watch the trailers
I will mention the ones I remember, I will post more soon

Drive (2011)
really good movie, also good soundtrack, trailer is like wtf
'Drive' Trailer HD

Melancholia  (2011)
depressive movie, but I like it (boring for you first 40 minutes, but eventually you will see why it was like that)
'Melancholia' Trailer HD

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)
Watched it 2 days ago, good (meh)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo HD Trailer - David Fincher Version

The Thing  (2011)
remake of old movie from 80's, I like the concept of the movie (hopefully there will be sequal), dont turn it off theres more on end :)
The Thing (2011) New Trailer‬‏ Exclusive

Oldboy (2003)
Oldboy Trailer

Daybreakers (2009)
Twist where vampires rule, and humans are just used as blood animals. I know how it sounds but its good concept
Daybreakers - Trailer

Exam (2009)
Trailer is self explanatory.
Exam Trailer - Exam Movie Trailer

Hanna (2011)
New movie with avarage story, great soundtrack
Hanna (2011) - Official Trailer [HD]

Donnie Darko (2001)
One of the best movies of all time, for me
Donnie Darko - Official Trailer [2001] HQ

The Box (2009)
Followed by same director as for Donnie Darko, this one is really wierd and you most likely wont get it, use imagination
The Box (2009)- Official Trailer

Inglourious Basterds (2009)
Really good movie
Inglourious Basterds - Official Trailer 2 [HD]

In Time (2011)
New movie with good concept, watch and chillout..
Official In Time Trailer [HD]

Knowing (2009)
Movie which is in my list of top movies all time
KNOWING Trailer

Moon (2009)
Awesome movie...
"Moon" - Official Trailer [HQ]

Priest (2011)
Perfect movie
Priest Trailer

Limitless (2011)
Good new movie.
Limitless Trailer 2011 HD

Sucker Punch (2011)
Don't be fooled by action in this movie, it actually means something else, has a good end and its really good
Sucker Punch - Official Trailer 2 [HD]

Unknown (2011)

Just awesome movie, watch trailer
'Unknown' Trailer

The crazies (2010)
Good movie.
THE CRAZIES - Trailer

Shutter Island (2010)
"Shutter Island" - Official Trailer [HD]

Contact (1997)
Everyone should watch this, by one of Carl Sagan book "Contact" which I have in physical form
That guy was genious, I share the same thoughts and I'm amazed as he was.
Good movie and great perform by Jodie Foster..
"Contact" Theatrical Trailer (1997)


Couple of movies. RANDOMLY ORDERED.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 23:02:53 by ToMo »
Join us on Discord

Mar 16, 2012, 15:47:49
Reply #7
Offline

rijads

Member
Lord of the rings, I dont think there is explanation needed for this one.

Mar 30, 2012, 22:48:59
Reply #8
Online

Potzo

Staff
The Next Three Days (2010)
Just watched this movie, really good too watch, wasn't even one second bored.

The Next Three Days Trailer (HD)
Join us on Discord

May 6, 2012, 17:21:06
Reply #9
Offline

rijads

Member
Just watched the next three days, good, intense thriller.
Also The girl with the dragon tattoo is good, even though the ending is kinda gay.

The bourne identity
The Bourne Identity (Trailer)

Awesome action movie, I am now about to watch the other 2.

May 6, 2012, 18:08:38
Reply #10
Offline

$@HoT@


The Pacifier Trailer
 
   this is nice famly comedy movie its awesome :d watch and laugh
~>$@HoT@<~

May 6, 2012, 19:47:00
Reply #11
Offline

rijads

Member
Somalia, Serbia, Bosnia, Seriously americans, how fucking retarded can you get ?

May 6, 2012, 20:14:01
Reply #12
Offline

Starac

Member
The Pacifier Trailer
 
   this is nice famly comedy movie its awesome :d watch and laugh
http://9gag.com/gag/1298745

SUX.Serbia has a ocean wtf?

It's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving FORWARD!

May 7, 2012, 09:53:15
Reply #13
Offline

$@HoT@


~>$@HoT@<~

May 7, 2012, 23:33:28
Reply #14
Offline

rijads

Member
Just watched Mission impossible - Ghost protocol.

The story is solid enough, certainly not believable but then MI shouldn't be believable its supposed to be slightly ridiculous and at the outer realms of possibility. The action is what makes this film stands out the stunt work is jaw dropping the CGI is used well though at points its a bit too obvious its computer generated rather than being seamless. Tremendously fun movie what takes you on a roller-coaster of action that will have you clinging onto your seat it goes by that quick.