Oct 3, 2026, 11:34:38
Ownage Owls

Author Topic: PTPM  (Read 136 times)

Jun 12, 2011, 13:26:50
Read 136 times
Online

Potzo

Staff
Hello,
So as you all know, this will be our new server.
Now we need to fix some stuff, and add some stuff

On old DM server now its running the working version,
I put it on new server (22006) as 4th mta server on new vps for PTPM (old dm server was lagging when we were testing it yesterday EXTREME LAG)

Checklist:
  • [PROGRESS] New LS, LV, SF, Desert, Country maps from scratch (weapons, vehicles, spawnpoints, skins)
  • [PARTLY] I added realdriveby resource, but thats not enough, we need original driveby from singleplayer as well.
  • [DONE] Add /parachute command which gives you parachute. Players spawn with parachute by default.
  • [DONE] Timeleft text in the top of screen with black halftransparent background rectangle
  • Stats script for player which saves all data to MySQL (basically can use same account data for all 4 servers? ;) )
  • Anticheat
  • [DONE]Weapons, driving stats skill all to MAX
  • [DONE]Jail command for admins (puts player into jail with some nice music inside)
  • Weapons available to pickup after death
  • [DONE] Change psycho to Civillian
  • AFK script
  • [DONE] Add www.ownageowls.com in upper right corner
  • [FIXED/NEEDS TESTING] Sometimes president spawns in world without players and vehicles where noone can see him
  • Vehicle blips work only 80m around the player, each time F2 needs to be pressed.. (vehicle_blips.lua)
  • Teamkill should be enabled, so everybody can kill everybody? (Since theres jail)
  • Vehicle z position, cars are a bit higher from ground, is there function to fix that? getElementDistanceFromCentreOfMassToBaseOfModel ?
  • Notice script by Mdbelen should be modified into the one from PTPM, so it shows at center bottom. So remove the PTPM one and change Mdbelen so it looks like PTPM (maybe some value for each line in XML which sets the text color), and add PTPM tips in XML. We can then add more later by just reloading the resource. Hardcoded tips is really bad, imho :P
  • Remove CJ animations for skins, they should all have their default
  • Get money by each kill (account sql shit would need to be done first tbh..)
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2011, 11:25:28 by ToMo »
Join us on Discord

Jun 12, 2011, 15:08:12
Reply #1

AlvaroTits

Guest
Wow nice done.
An /eject (or /ej) command for rustlers would be cool too, in case of an incoming accident.
And a good feature would be if the Prime Minister dies, the whole security class spawn with the new Prime Minister to protect him and don´t have to traverse the entire map.
Anyways awesome work.

Jun 18, 2011, 02:39:13
Reply #2
Offline

.:SDK:.


Ok, so I was bored and didn't wanna study today => scripted a bit for you guys. I still haven't played a decent game in this gamemode and don't understand it completely, so I hope I didn't break anything important for the game  ;)

This is what I did from ToMo's list (comments in red), changed them in topic start:
  • [DONE] Add /parachute command which gives you parachute. Players spawn with parachute by default.
    I didn't add a command, I just made it so every class spawns with parachute by default (but this might bring confusion since some classes have parachutes in the class selection screen and some don't). If a command is needed instead, just let me know.
  • [DONE] Timeleft text in the top of screen with black halftransparent background rectangle
  • [DONE] Weapons, driving stats skill all to MAX
    Most stats were already max, I changed them in "defaultstats" so that now all weapons are maxed (=> dualwield weapons for pistal, sawnoff, uzi)
  • [DONE] Jail command for admins (puts player into jail with some nice music inside)
    /jail player [time]
    worked out pretty good, maybe needs some attributes like a bed, punching bag and a snake game ^^
  • [FIXED/NEEDS CONFIRMATION] Sometimes president spawns in world without players and vehicles where noone can see him
    The pm in the LS map had an unexisting skin, I fixed that. But since this bug is pretty rare, more testing is needed.

Also did this:
  • fixed an error between ptpm and votemanager
  • enabled ptpm admin commands (kick, freeze, jail, spec, ...) for accounts in the "Admin" acl group
    This will have to be discussed further, since the ptpm commands collide with the Admin panel commands.
  • made ptpm startup some resources, like "interiors" (so players can actually go inside food stores to buy stuff (will this fuckup gameplay, pm can hide in interior?))

I probably did some more stuff, but I forgot those (if I remember them i'll add them).


Questions:
  • [PARTLY] I added realdriveby resource, but thats not enough, we need original driveby from singleplayer as well.
    I think it should stay this way, original driveby will be a helluva hard script probably, and most players are used to the realdriveby anyway
  • Weapons available to pickup after death
    Isn't this already added in the gamemode?
  • Vehicle blips work only 80m around the player, each time F2 needs to be pressed.. (vehicle_blips.lua)
    I noticed that sometimes the blips aren't created when spawning, is this what you mean?

Please comment, test, discuss and report bugs as much as you can. Imo the server is almost ready for some beta testing with other players but I never got the chance to play a full round with more then 2 players...
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2011, 02:44:25 by .:SDK:. »

Jun 18, 2011, 09:43:22
Reply #3
Online

Potzo

Staff
Nice job so far! ^^
I added more stuff to list
But yea, soon we can make beta test, and also we need to make 4 new maps.

Interiors:
Interiors can be enabled, but only if it can be set so minister cannot go inside
Same like that resources which doesnt allow minister to go inside some types of vehicles

Map blips:
And about the blips, yes. When you spawn, sometimes you cannot see the blips.
But it auto updates now, that's good

Weapon pickups:
I tried loading some weaponpickup resource, and it didn't work. So..

Parachute:
Well it's ok to set parachute for each class, if so, it needs to be removed from class selection weapon list.
Command would be better in this case.

Jail:
Where did you put the jail thing? But yea nice ideas about what can be there.
We can even make our own custom jail somewhere, which can be bigger, problem would be the boundries
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2011, 11:28:27 by ToMo »
Join us on Discord

Jun 18, 2011, 11:04:55
Reply #4
Online

Potzo

Staff
Also we need someone who's got will to make nice info pages about the gamemode and commands for website.
Theres text already in Help, which can be used, but would be nice if we do it with skin pics, weapons, spawn locations.
I can make template which can be used for elements
For http://ownageowls.com/ptpm
Join us on Discord

Jun 18, 2011, 11:54:33
Reply #5

AlvaroTits

Guest
That is awesome SDK  :D
The only thing I don´t like in the whole list is that default parachute spawn. I think with a command would better and cooler.
About the interiors, that what ToMo said is the best, or the Prime Minister will camp, or maybe disable interiors, it´s not so needed I think.

Jun 19, 2011, 10:52:01
Reply #6
Offline

.:SDK:.


Bugs that I remember from our latest play session:

* parachutes are verrrrrry buggy. I'll change it so you can get em with a command, this will limit the bug.
* boundaries are very annoying
* one time players didn't see me with weapons (may have to do with interiors)

Jun 19, 2011, 10:56:43
Reply #7
Online

Potzo

Staff
I need all of you to think about skins, max 4 skins per class
For LS we picked these:


Skins (http://wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki/Skins:All)

Civilians      Terrorist      Bodyguard      Police      Prime Minister
Skin 101
Skin 181
Skin 163
Skin 280
Skin 295
Skin 144
Skin 191
Skin 164
Skin 284
Skin 60
Skin 111
Skin 141
Skin 285
Skin 55
Skin 112
Skin 275


Weapons(http://wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki/Weapons)

Class     Weapons
Civilians
Terrorist
Bodyguard
Police
Prime Mister

Ofc, you can suggest changes :)
« Last Edit: Jun 19, 2011, 11:41:42 by ToMo »
Join us on Discord

Jun 19, 2011, 11:14:11
Reply #8
Offline

Matrix

Staff
We need to set up a proper forum section for this, with a section for reporting bugs, and suggestions for the server.

Also bug report: If you have armour, it doesn't show up as well as your health bar next to your name, so it looks like you're not losing any health to other players.



Jun 19, 2011, 11:21:13
Reply #9
Offline

Pet

Member
Bodyguard and Police classes are opposite.

Jun 19, 2011, 11:31:27
Reply #10
Online

Potzo

Staff
We need to set up a proper forum section for this, with a section for reporting bugs, and suggestions for the server.

Also bug report: If you have armour, it doesn't show up as well as your health bar next to your name, so it looks like you're not losing any health to other players.

Well it isnt live yet, so not yet.
Lets first do all the stuff we plan to

Bodyguard and Police classes are opposite.

Thanks, fixed it, my bad
Join us on Discord

Jun 19, 2011, 16:26:55
Reply #11

AlvaroTits

Guest
I don´t like skin 181 for terrorists. I think skin 124 would be better:


By the way, something needed to fix is that when you are Prime Minister you can´t use some vehicles like NRG-500. It says you are not qualified to drive this vehicle, and a Prime Minister without a NRG-500 isn´t a Prime Minister ;P

Aug 2, 2011, 15:12:25
Reply #12
Online

Potzo

Staff
So hows everyone with time?
I think we should just put this up as soon as possible ^^
Btw, I went to server and seems like "Weapons, driving stats skill all to MAX" isnt working, but it was, right?
We need to customize other maps, LS is basically done, now other 2 cities for start..

What about teamkill being enabled, and what about stats?
Maybe theres some finished stats script which saves it to MySQL, we can lookup on community or forums of MTA
Join us on Discord

Aug 3, 2011, 02:03:43
Reply #13

AlvaroTits

Guest
Teamkill is shit. You will see people shooting each other for fun like noobs...
About stats I think that should be added.