May 3, 2024, 12:00:56
Ownage Owls

Author Topic: antiHorn by Wafamde  (Read 8408 times)

Jan 9, 2012, 11:12:34
Read 8408 times

Wafamde

Hi.  :)

I made a small resource yesterday that I'm sure you and other race servers can use.
Have a look at it here: http://community.mtasa.com/index.php?p=resources&s=details&id=3508

Description:
If any changes to this resource is needed, please let me know here, on IRC or on the forums. Please note that this resource was scripting in a few minutes and is only intended to take care of the vehicle horn issue.

Should there be any problems then please report them to me asap so I can fix it.

------------------------------------------------------------

This script can take care of players that keep pressing the horn down during a race.

Noticed that a few race servers needed a script to kick players abusing the vehicle horn.

It is possible to change both the allowed horn time and the kick message inside the file 'antiHorn.lua'
Default Time: 10 seconds
Default Message: "Abusing Vehicle Horn"

To make the resource work, add the following line to your admin ACL.:
<object name="resource.antiHorn"></object>

Example:
<group name="Admin">
<acl name="Moderator"></acl>
<acl name="SuperModerator"></acl>
<acl name="Admin"></acl>
<acl name="RPC"></acl>
<object name="resource.antiHorn"></object>
</group>

Your 'acl.xml' file can be found in:
MTA San Andreas 1.2servermodsdeathmatchacl.xml

Jan 9, 2012, 11:17:01
Reply #1

Giraffen420

I guess this could be nice for people who get annoyed by the horn..  though Me personally I always play with no sound @ mta so I guess i dont get much out of this.. but still.. nice work!

Jan 9, 2012, 12:27:57
Reply #2

rijads

keep em releasing:D

Jan 9, 2012, 12:39:53
Reply #3

Wafamde

Glad you guys like it ;-)
Since I play on your servers sometimes, feel free to ask me if you need anything for the server.
Didn't take me more than 5 minutes to script this antiHorn resource, so it doesnt really matter to me as long as it helps some people.

Jan 9, 2012, 13:41:39
Reply #4

rijads

Glad you asked. We need one script that collects data of players playing on our servers, all their positions for every map, giving them points, and reseting those points, you need to connect it with mysql so we can see points in realtime on our website, it also should reset itself every month, and announce top 10 players of the month, take as much time as you need, even a week if you must.

No seriously you do that if you know scripting lua enough, and we will think of something good in return.
« Last Edit: Jan 9, 2012, 13:43:44 by rijads »

Jan 9, 2012, 13:52:56
Reply #5

dark.Sector

No seriously you do that if you know scripting lua enough, and we will think of something good in return.

i know some hot hookers

Jan 9, 2012, 14:10:41
Reply #6

Wafamde

Glad you asked. We need one script that collects data of players playing on our servers, all their positions for every map, giving them points, and reseting those points, you need to connect it with mysql so we can see points in realtime on our website, it also should reset itself every month, and announce top 10 players of the month, take as much time as you need, even a week if you must.

Try writing a very detailed description of what you need and I will see what I can do.
What you are asking for should be fairly easy for me to create.
Only problem I got is that it's mysql. Never really worked with mysql for MTA/Lua. But it shouldnt be a problem.. I like a challenge ;-)
Don't have the time to do anything today.. Social plans.. But I will try testing a few things tomorrow so I can write a system for you guys.
Do you want it to be a seperate resource or should it work with the race resource? ( Detailed description please )

You can also see some of my work here: http://www.youtube.com/user/SeverinDK
Just so you know who I am and what I can do :-)

If you can't find me any hookers for me, you don't have to think about a reward ;-)
All I ask is that you allow me to place my name on the resource. Where it's visual ingame and on the website, just like the theme of this website says "DarkBreak by DzinerStudio"
« Last Edit: Jan 9, 2012, 14:14:09 by Wafamde »

Jan 9, 2012, 14:13:19
Reply #7

Wafamde

... Please delete this :P Accidental post.

Jan 9, 2012, 14:44:13
Reply #8

rijads

Whoa ok sure, you can say you created your script when people press F9, and we will post that on website where those scores are shown. I ll have to talk with tomo and mdbelen on ts before you start anything.

Jan 9, 2012, 15:35:44
Reply #9

Wafamde

Whoa ok sure, you can say you created your script when people press F9, and we will post that on website where those scores are shown. I ll have to talk with tomo and mdbelen on ts before you start anything.

Okay. I will keep an eye on the topic.

Jan 9, 2012, 16:36:55
Reply #10

Potzo

Staff
Thank you for coming here and presenting us your work
Don't listen to rijad (lowbeat), hes hyperactive because of sugar and beans all the time ;)

I see you do alot of scripting based on your yt channel, we definately need extra help!
If you're interested go check this topic: http://ownageowls.com/forum/development/new-script-checklist/
It's kinda outdated, but keeps getting new replies with ideas (theres some more stuff later on, not just first post)
We also need to organise all GUI text/windows ingame and help sections.

We have something with stats done already (data is in mysql db): http://ownageowls.com/general
Its slowly in progress by Mdbelen
Join us on Discord

Jan 9, 2012, 16:53:01
Reply #11

Wafamde

Thank you for coming here and presenting us your work
Don't listen to rijad (lowbeat), hes hyperactive because of sugar and beans all the time ;)

I see you do alot of scripting based on your yt channel, we definately need extra help!
If you're interested go check this topic: http://ownageowls.com/forum/development/new-script-checklist/
It's kinda outdated, but keeps getting new replies with ideas (theres some more stuff later on, not just first post)
We also need to organise all GUI text/windows ingame and help sections.

We have something with stats done already (data is in mysql db): http://ownageowls.com/general
Its slowly in progress by Mdbelen

Okay. I will let Mdbelen work with the stats system so none of his work gets ruined ;-)

Where do you want me to post/upload the resources? Doing some of the small resources on the checklist.

Just made a pretty decent anti-afk system for you guys, that blows up the player after 30 seconds of afk/idle time.
The timelimit can of course be changed in the script.
http://www.2shared.com/file/RfKLKFX4/antiAFK.html
« Last Edit: Jan 9, 2012, 16:58:41 by Wafamde »

Jan 9, 2012, 16:56:24
Reply #12

Wafamde

Omfg.. I keep pressing quote instead of modify post -.-

Jan 9, 2012, 18:48:26
Reply #13

Mdbelen

Staff
Ok thx for posting this. I checked your scripts and it seems that you are not one of these nabs saying "i can script" but actually... write assy buggy shitscripts lol, that's a good thing :P
About the anti-horn script: I think we won't use that as I wouldn't like to kick players for horning 10 sec (I guess sometimes I horn 10 sec too!). Without a warning and additionally those fags horning 10* 9 sec won't be kicked^^
As a little suggestion: You should be able to completely resign setElementData, by using isTimer(). If not, then at least set synchronize to false.

About the afk-blower: We already have one ;)

About the stats script: One of the reasons that I am so slow is that i don't know which events to use best as this is somewhat complicated with race gamemode (e.g. getAlivePlayers is wrong and so on..) So maybe you could help me with that a bit. Maybe just write the functions for detecting a dd-win, race/dm-toptime and I will care for the storage?

Jan 10, 2012, 16:33:40
Reply #14

Mattyboe

Solution if you don't like horns...mta volume to 0 :)