May 3, 2024, 07:50:05
Ownage Owls

Author Topic: Ping kicker  (Read 6186 times)

Jan 8, 2012, 14:07:02
Read 6186 times

T-Man

Hi again its me :>
Anyway, Im suggesting to remove the 'ping kicker' for a good reason.
Most of the players, their ping gets high when downloading (Including me) and 'MTA 1.2' freezes the ping, if you press tab for 5 seconds, you'll see pings never change.
Sometimes my ping get's frozen at 311, but my actual ping is 109, so I wont lag when I get the nos, or when I send a chat, but this ping kicker still kicks me.
Remove this ping kicker, please, its non sense anyway.
P.S.: Screw mta, everyday a new update, the MTA Developers are in a rush, they can't finish all updates and put them all as 1 full whole update.

Jan 8, 2012, 14:49:11
Reply #1

Millhouse

Ofcorse it has sense, dont play when you download, or set yourself limit, end of story.

Jan 8, 2012, 15:01:00
Reply #2

Giraffen420

Hi again its me :>
Anyway, Im suggesting to remove the 'ping kicker' for a good reason.
Most of the players, their ping gets high when downloading (Including me) and 'MTA 1.2' freezes the ping, if you press tab for 5 seconds, you'll see pings never change.
Sometimes my ping get's frozen at 311, but my actual ping is 109, so I wont lag when I get the nos, or when I send a chat, but this ping kicker still kicks me.
Remove this ping kicker, please, its non sense anyway.
P.S.: Screw mta, everyday a new update, the MTA Developers are in a rush, they can't finish all updates and put them all as 1 full whole update.

I'm not sure if you've ever played versus someone with like 300 ping when you've got less then 50 yourself.
But I'll tell you this! It's hell! You can't hit them & when you actually do, it's only on your screen.
We added the ping limiter for a reason. Playing versus laggers is no fun & we only play for fun!

Like millhouse said earlier... Don't download & play at the same time & the issue is fixed

Jan 8, 2012, 15:26:48
Reply #3

Mdbelen

Staff
I guess he means downloading maps and stuff in MTA itself. Still we can't remove that lol. And I really like the updates of MTA, active programmers, nothing to criticize there

Jan 8, 2012, 15:53:47
Reply #4

T-Man

Well, yes, as you like.

Jan 8, 2012, 18:30:39
Reply #5

Matrix

Staff
lololol I download stuff all the time and get 50 ping. Yesterday I was downloading 15GB worth of games and still had 150 ping.

Jan 8, 2012, 20:35:10
Reply #6

T-Man

Congratulations.

Jan 9, 2012, 10:30:43
Reply #7

rijads

@matrix thats coz you didnt download torrents, or if you did, you didnt upload them back as much as your isp gives you, you can download all the time even torrents and have almost same ping, here is how:
Test your connection on speedtest.net.
Now in utorrent set options to max download speed only 30kb/s less than your max, giving you 30kb/s download speed for game and 30kb/s less for upload speed also giving you 30kb/s for the game.Now also set your max connections to only 40, or else no matter what you ll start lagging. Thats it, now you can download and play at the same time :D.