May 3, 2024, 06:34:26
Ownage Owls

Author Topic: Tog invisible/trans  (Read 12708 times)

Jan 6, 2012, 14:20:15
Reply #15

Slipknot.

however i still think its better without mods not only cuz of lag (even if it doesnt exist) but because of map deco

you see, mapper get deco on carshades (their color) so there is grey carshade and brown carshade, so mappers mix it and they get some deco on it
« Last Edit: Jan 6, 2012, 14:33:00 by Mdbelen »

Jan 6, 2012, 14:27:00
Reply #16

Starac

Yes i agree.I suggest removing texture on dm server but you can leave it on dd.
« Last Edit: Jan 6, 2012, 14:33:31 by Mdbelen »
It's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving FORWARD!

Jan 6, 2012, 14:44:09
Reply #17

Mdbelen

Staff
Without our texture the streets look so plainn and unnice.
What does our deco have to do with any map creators car texture or whatever? If a creator uses own texture for the "streets" this would overwrite ours for the map.
And what do you mean with this deco on carshades, mix grey and brown, slippy?

The point is that we remove any custom decos from maps because they are very most times much too big, and we are not such a whorearound server to take another 5MB texture pack for each single map. In my opinion this S U X and is kinda.. unprofessional. And THIS probably really causes lags, next to timeouts and not finished downloads on mapstart. Just like putting his own music in every map. That's why we remove it.

Jan 6, 2012, 14:50:12
Reply #18

Potzo

Staff
As Mdbelen said before, it will be in user panel, so you can disable custom textures there
But for now it stays as it is..
Join us on Discord

Jan 6, 2012, 15:08:09
Reply #19

Slipknot.

Without our texture the streets look so plainn and unnice.
What does our deco have to do with any map creators car texture or whatever? If a creator uses own texture for the "streets" this would overwrite ours for the map.
And what do you mean with this deco on carshades, mix grey and brown, slippy?

The point is that we remove any custom decos from maps because they are very most times much too big, and we are not such a whorearound server to take another 5MB texture pack for each single map. In my opinion this S U X and is kinda.. unprofessional. And THIS probably really causes lags, next to timeouts and not finished downloads on mapstart. Just like putting his own music in every map. That's why we remove it.

i mean like this

lets say there is a straight road made of carshades and they are all grey-looks normal
lets add after like 5 grey 2 brown carshades-looks little better
lets mix them like we want-looks awesome

get me?

EDIT: if you dont get me watch some pro maps and you'll maybe spot that deco which is made of carshades but i like ToMo's idea that we can toggle it on/off cuz some ppl like those textures and some ppl don't
« Last Edit: Jan 6, 2012, 15:16:31 by Slipknot. »

Jan 6, 2012, 16:20:41
Reply #20

Mdbelen

Staff
Now I get you but is carshade the right name for it???
And don't we have a brighter and a darker textures too? (if not we can do it)
And this was my idea, pff..

Jan 6, 2012, 18:40:00
Reply #21

Slipknot.

Now I get you but is carshade the right name for it???
And don't we have a brighter and a darker textures too? (if not we can do it)
And this was my idea, pff..

lol yea sry carshade is only grey one, brown one isnt carshade (it has weird name and it's hard to remember so i call it brown carshade), but im at home (i'll be back in a week) so i cant look for it's real name sry, but maybe you can ask some mappers who should it real name

EDIT: you maybe wont recognize it cuz its brown only at night/darker weather
EDIT2: belive me its hard to see difference from [O.o] textures between brown and grey carshade

sry for so much editing but i always forgot to write something xD
« Last Edit: Jan 6, 2012, 18:43:14 by Slipknot. »

Jan 6, 2012, 19:29:46
Reply #22

Mdbelen

Staff
Oh the name of the texture is carshadexy.txd now i got it.