May 3, 2024, 16:32:01
Ownage Owls

Author Topic: Tog invisible/trans  (Read 12720 times)

Jan 4, 2012, 19:37:13
Read 12720 times

Leonardo

Inactive Owl
As I've myself been having a decent amount of lag currently with all players online (got a pretty shitty pc) it came into my mind from the Fox script. What about making a key, like press f3 and all vehicles will be invisible for you, so you only see the name, and like press f4 for trans instead of f3, which lowers the velocity. The key will just be to toggle it on/off :)

Jan 4, 2012, 20:30:33
Reply #1

Slipknot.

do you mean always invisible or only when you are close to the vehicle?

Jan 4, 2012, 22:18:04
Reply #2

Jos

I think only close to your vehicle yea,

On topic: Would be usefull indeed.

Jan 4, 2012, 22:38:55
Reply #3

Leonardo

Inactive Owl
In a pretty close area atleast, as I'm having pretty hard lag at start - Would be usefull if they'd be invisible for such areas and otherwise also close to you so they don't block your view.

Jan 4, 2012, 22:57:52
Reply #4

Starac

In a pretty close area atleast, as I'm having pretty hard lag at start - Would be usefull if they'd be invisible for such areas and otherwise also close to you so they don't block your view.
Yeah i have the same problem,lag at start of the map.Probably car smoke makes it.You can try installing Grand Theft Auto Shrinker(it will make your game go smoother on some maps,becouse it will shrink your gta3.img).You can get gta shrinker here:http://plod.mooo.com/GTAShrinker v1.03.zip . Also try installing this shit ( http://www.gta-downloads.com/en/gta-san-andreas/mods/8180-low-quality-particle-effects.html ) it helped me alot.

And yeah about the topic,I totaly agree! +1 Leo!
« Last Edit: Jan 4, 2012, 23:07:40 by Starac ツ »
It's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving FORWARD!

Jan 4, 2012, 23:01:35
Reply #5

Leonardo

Inactive Owl
Yeah i have the same problem,lag at start of the map.Probably car smoke makes it.You can try installing Grand Theft Auto Shrinker(it will make your game go smoother on some maps,becouse it will shrink your gta3.img).You can get gta shrinker here:[Sorry the link was broken,i will upload the new one tommorow]. Also try installing this shit ( http://www.gta-downloads.com/en/gta-san-andreas/mods/8180-low-quality-particle-effects.html ) it helped me alot.

And yeah about the topic,I totaly agree!
Can't find the page.

Jan 4, 2012, 23:03:14
Reply #6

Starac

Yeah i have the same problem,lag at start of the map.Probably car smoke makes it.You can try installing Grand Theft Auto Shrinker(it will make your game go smoother on some maps,becouse it will shrink your gta3.img).You can get gta shrinker here:[Sorry the link was broken,i will upload the new one tommorow]. Also try installing this shit ( http://www.gta-downloads.com/en/gta-san-andreas/mods/8180-low-quality-particle-effects.html ) it helped me alot.

And yeah about the topic,I totaly agree!
Can't find the page.
I fucked up the link,sorry.I edited my post now.It should work,try. :)
« Last Edit: Jan 4, 2012, 23:08:47 by Starac ツ »
It's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving FORWARD!

Jan 5, 2012, 00:41:53
Reply #7

Mdbelen

Staff
As Starac said i'm also pretty sure the smoke prodeuces the lag and i think i can't make this invisible too. Smoke makes even me lag.

Jan 5, 2012, 00:56:57
Reply #8

Leonardo

Inactive Owl
As Starac said i'm also pretty sure the smoke prodeuces the lag and i think i can't make this invisible too. Smoke makes even me lag.

Even with no smoke more vehicles causes lag. If you can't make them invisible, that option's out. The trans is still there, though. As it's hella annoying on DM if there's someone in the middle of your screen.

Jan 5, 2012, 13:13:30
Reply #9

Slipknot.

@Leonardo i dont think you have lag cuz of that i think you have lag cuz colored (moded) carshades (that's the road which mappers use in DD and DM) ussually carshade is grey but with [O.o] mod its orange so i tihnk that should be removed cuz of no-lag and besides some maps look better without that mod :D

Jan 5, 2012, 13:19:00
Reply #10

Mdbelen

Staff
Orly some maps look better without? nooo! xd
I was just at making it disableable (ROFEEL) anyway, but for that i'd need a userpanel with userspecific settings first and this will definitely take much time.

Jan 5, 2012, 16:24:27
Reply #11

Slipknot.

Orly some maps look better without? nooo! xd
I was just at making it disableable (ROFEEL) anyway, but for that i'd need a userpanel with userspecific settings first and this will definitely take much time.

haha i thought it too but belive me you just need some time to get used to it

Jan 5, 2012, 18:38:34
Reply #12

Mdbelen

Staff
Get ued to what? Our own texture?
Btw i dont think that this causes the lag. The models are untouched, just the texture changed, but it has the same dimensions and so on "just different colors per pixel" so to say. Would be strange if this would make a computer lag. If it isn't the way of MTA how to use own textures which makes guys lag but I don't think that.

Jan 5, 2012, 23:07:32
Reply #13

Slipknot.

Get ued to what? Our own texture?
Btw i dont think that this causes the lag. The models are untouched, just the texture changed, but it has the same dimensions and so on "just different colors per pixel" so to say. Would be strange if this would make a computer lag. If it isn't the way of MTA how to use own textures which makes guys lag but I don't think that.

i thought that too when i put my infernus mod (color changed only) and i sometimes get lag at pickup because that texture is like 10 times bigger than original one

Jan 6, 2012, 00:39:24
Reply #14

Mdbelen

Staff
See, our texture is exactly same size. (Can textures even be bigger? I guess it was the model then or any "glossy" mod, i don't know about all that stuff)