May 3, 2024, 12:33:38
Ownage Owls

Author Topic: Time Passed Clock  (Read 4609 times)

Jan 4, 2012, 03:23:46
Read 4609 times

Mattyboe

Hey guys,
There's a 'time passed' clock on a lot of servers, and I think it would most definitely be useful to have one on ours as well. Why is useful? You can track how long it takes you to do a map, easy to see who shortcutted in top times and who did not. For those who don't know what this is, it's a stopwatch that starts from 0:00 at the beginning of a map and increases in time as the map goes on. This idea isn't original in anyway, it's on a ton of servers.

Jan 4, 2012, 12:38:16
Reply #1

Mdbelen

Staff
Well there is a countdown on top middle of the screen which counts backwards from the maptimelimit. And in lower right corner there is a stopwatch which counts how long you needed. This one stops counting when you're dead though. Sometimes I'm missing such a clock which goes on counting then, too.
So I already thought about adding such a stopwatch right under the countdown. It would just display the "opposite" of this countdown then.
Is that what you mean?
I'll try to figure out where to change that and ToMo can create a good background then (I'd prefer one which reaches to the screen border (so no margin left between)^^)

Jan 4, 2012, 21:16:38
Reply #2

Mattyboe

Yeah I'm pretty sure you've got the idea of it. It's pretty much the opposite of the countdown clock and can keep going after death. Might be some pre-made scripts for it online somewhere, if that would be an issue.

Jan 4, 2012, 21:57:41
Reply #3

Leonardo

Inactive Owl
Not sure if possible, but atleast I like the following which maybe can made:

The second countdown, that's like counting down from the #1 top time, to 0, if it gets to 0, it'll do the same from 2 then 3-4-5-6-7-8 untill you can't get a top time anymore.

Jan 5, 2012, 00:38:22
Reply #4

Mdbelen

Staff
Puh, so we have 2 countdowns and 2 stopwatches? Getting a bit much for me.
But actually thats a nice idea xD