May 5, 2024, 20:14:38
Ownage Owls

Author Topic: Setting up your own server  (Read 18478 times)

Feb 13, 2011, 00:43:57
Read 18478 times

Mdbelen

Staff
Ok so here i will tell you how to set up a local server with some basic settings and you as admin.

Installation:
You should have installed the server with race gamemode resource already, if not, download the mta-installer from www.mtasa.com again and just install it "over" the old installation.
The default directory for the server is MTA-Installation-Directoryserver

Settings:
When installation is done, go to the MTA Installation directory ...MTA-Dir / server / mods / deathmatch and open the mtaserver.conf with any texteditor like Notepad.
Thats the file for basic settings of your MTA-Server. Settings are saved like this <settingNAME>settingVALUE</settingNAME>
The texts clasped by <!-- --> are comments describing the settings a bit. Pay attention, some settings should not be touched if you don't know what you do!

Things you can change here are:
servername - Put any name of your choice for your server there. This is what will be displayed in server browser e.g.
maxplayers - The maximum amount of players that can play on your server at once. The default setting of 32 is probably a bit much for local server but you can just leave it as it doesn't matter.
ase - 1 in here means that your server will be shown in public server list. If you set it to 0 it isn't shown but people who know your pc's IP can still connect to the server.
password - Here you can set a password players need to enter to be able to connect to your server.

All other settings shouldn't be touched, especially the serverip and http-settings

Making you admin:
Now the time has come to start you mta server. Start MTA-DirserverMTA Server.exe
You'll probably have to wait some seconds until it is started and ready, saying "Server started and is ready to accept connections!"
Then you'll have to add a new account into which you can login later ingame.
Write in the black server window "addaccount <accountname> <password>" and press ENTER
Then stop the server using the commands quit or exit or just close it with the x in upper right corner^^

Open the file MTA-Dir / server / mods / deathmatch / acl.xml with some text-editor (not internet explorer!^^)
Search for the line
<group name="Admin">
and add the following line between this and the next "</group>"
<object name="user.<YOUR ACCOUNT NAME>" />
so for me this would be <object name="user.Mdbelen" />
Save the file and close it. Now you can start the server again, go ingame and log into your new account with admin rights.

For a more detailed tutorial watch here: http://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Server_Manual
« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2011, 12:51:36 by Mdbelen »

Feb 13, 2011, 02:22:34
Reply #1

Dangerr

niceeeeeeeee thxx :)
Anonymous.

Feb 13, 2011, 13:34:55
Reply #2

Starac

you won't belive me you will say that i am noob but i did everything and i started my server everything else is ok...but...i can't add myself as admin =.= i did everything you said....trust me....
It's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving FORWARD!

Feb 13, 2011, 16:03:49
Reply #3

Waren2

Thanks for help Mdbelen, but it doesn't working for me....I can't run server...I have big problem.

Feb 14, 2011, 07:14:28
Reply #4

rijads

starac it must work, did you register, after that closed server and added yourself in acl.xml under admins, with nick you registered, avoid using html colors in nick.
The other guy what isn't working for you ?

Feb 14, 2011, 13:46:15
Reply #5

Starac

._.  yea rijad i did all like you and mdbelen said it doesn't work hell .....idk what's problem i reinstalled mta and tryed again and again doesn't work......but ok np anyway thanks for posting this topic it will be useful for somebody else....thanks.
It's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving FORWARD!

Apr 28, 2011, 12:13:44
Reply #6

Starac

ok guys,i have successfully added myself as admin and when i login ingame on mtaserver.exe says:LOGIN:(Admin,Everyone)abcd successfully logged in as 'abcd'....etc etc... but when i enter ingame and i login it just says: You have successfully loged on,it doesn't show me up The usualy message when u have some admin rights(press 'p' to open your admin panel) and i can't do things like a /openeditor /kick blabla ....So i hope you understood me right, btw sorry for boring you guys on this old topic...

Apr 28, 2011, 15:25:20
Reply #7

Mdbelen

Staff
after logging in ingame do "/start admin" and make sure you ahve the admin resource, which is a standard one and actually autostarted

Apr 28, 2011, 15:36:57
Reply #8

Starac

after logging in ingame do "/start admin" and make sure you ahve the admin resource, which is a standard one and actually autostarted
Oh thanks alot it works  ^_^
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2011, 15:48:09 by Starac_Serbia »

May 14, 2011, 19:05:13
Reply #9

n00b

i have problem noone can join my server and noone can see it!
SRY GUYS I WAS AN IDIOT PIECE OF SHIT NOT ANYMORE!!! FORGET ABOUT MY STUPID SHIT SPAM POSTS!!!

May 15, 2011, 02:29:09
Reply #10

Erick

We are not just a community of players who team up to win clan-wars, we are and have always been, a clan based on friendship and socializing.

Jun 3, 2011, 12:13:23
Reply #11

Toxic

how do i start the server then (last sentence)

Jun 3, 2011, 12:34:58
Reply #12

Starac

how do i start the server then (last sentence)
go to mta Directory/server and run ''Mtaserver.exe'' then run mta and open server browser and chose the lan and you will see a server named:''Default Mta Server''(of course if u didn't edit the name of your server in the mtaserver.conf)

Jun 3, 2011, 13:06:13
Reply #13

Toxic

can i edit help (F9) too? It must be possible. Anyone knows, i wanna put some rules in there.
and, how can i disable /votekick and /votemap etc?
« Last Edit: Jun 3, 2011, 14:06:44 by Toxic »

Jun 3, 2011, 18:32:33
Reply #14

Starac

and, how can i disable /votekick and /votemap etc?
I think u can disable it ingame to be precise in Admin panel/Resources and there u need to find what resource u  want to delete stop etc...I don't have big expirience about servers,but i guess that u can do that on such way