May 16, 2024, 12:04:02
Ownage Owls

Author Topic: Dont know how to put map in my server...  (Read 8223 times)

Jan 10, 2012, 22:15:09
Read 8223 times

yoman282

Hi all,I have created a server and I don't know how to put maps in it,when I download maps the only thing I can see is the .map file.WTF do I do with it?Where do I put it?I tried putting it in "maps" folder where the maps usually have to be put but nothing shows in my server.Help please.  :P
Thanks in advance.

Jan 10, 2012, 22:31:09
Reply #1

Slipknot.

Jan 10, 2012, 22:49:28
Reply #2

yoman282

Didn't worked,I tried to put my .map file in D:\GTA San Andreas\server\mods\deathmatch\resources
WTF do I do with that .map file!? :P

Jan 10, 2012, 22:57:23
Reply #3

Starac

Didn't worked,I tried to put my .map file in D:\GTA San Andreas\server\mods\deathmatch\resource
It must work.Try restarting server and searching for map in the resources tab in your admin panel.
It's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving FORWARD!

Jan 10, 2012, 23:03:37
Reply #4

Slipknot.

Didn't worked,I tried to put my .map file in D:\GTA San Andreas\server\mods\deathmatch\resources
WTF do I do with that .map file!? :P

you mean MTA San Andreas?

EDIT: go to D:\MTA San Andreas\server\mods\deathmatch\resources

make random folder named example "map 1"

put in "map 1" folder .map and meta file

Jan 10, 2012, 23:11:33
Reply #5

yoman282

I didn't got meta file with the map,how can I get it?Sorry guys but I am noob that things.

Jan 10, 2012, 23:15:45
Reply #6

Slipknot.

I didn't got meta file with the map,how can I get it?Sorry guys but I am noob that things.

what do you mean you didnt get meta file???

you traded maps or what cuz if you make your own map meta files apeers itself!

Jan 10, 2012, 23:19:04
Reply #7

yoman282

I downloaded that map,I tried downloading other maps but its same,only .map file.

Jan 11, 2012, 08:40:34
Reply #8

Starac

I downloaded that map,I tried downloading other maps but its same,only .map file.
Then of course it doesn't work,and it won't work.From where did u download it?It might be a virus or something.Btw maps are usually zipped...

Resources for server/Maps: http://community.mtasa.com/index.php?p=resources&s=list

Also if u wanna have your own server for your own clan or something and u need more maps you should try asking leaders of other servers,or simply pay them.Also try on google,you may find something.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2012, 08:42:44 by Starac ツ »
It's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving FORWARD!

Jan 11, 2012, 10:53:09
Reply #9

rijads

How is a .map file going to be a virus :/ actually it might but noone would put it in a map of mta game :/.
You can create yourself meta file for that map jsut copy meta file from other map and change filename to be exact as .map or else it wont find it, put those 2 files together i na folder, and it should recognize it, or if you have still no idea of what I am talking about, just forget the whole server creating thing.

Jan 11, 2012, 12:37:45
Reply #10

yoman282

Thank you guys for your help.  :)

Jan 18, 2012, 11:15:54
Reply #11

Shadow_

Inactive Owl
It was our pleasure, feel free to visit our aviary of owls and knowledge any time.
Welcome to the wonderful world that is Ownage Owls, we welcome you into our aviary and you may do as you please. but we must ask you do not steal the food, as ToMo will get extremely angry.