May 19, 2024, 09:49:24
Ownage Owls

Author Topic: New ideas for server  (Read 7822 times)

Sep 5, 2010, 14:20:36
Read 7822 times

rijads

*Admin panel (1.3) is bugged and it shows duplicate players, and sometimes it won't open at all [it needs to get fixed or install new one]

*Vote system: it's ok, except it would be nice to group all dd maps and all dm /race maps in 2 categories, and than from 1 to 4 its dd maps and from 5 to 8 race maps, and 9 is play agian, but 9 disappears if voted more then 3 times.

*Before putting new maps in server i think we should always make good tests of maps, and repair bugs,also all maps in server should be retested.

*I also think we could put stats script in server (i know mdbelen was against this(correct me if i am wrong)) but its just my suggestion ( maybe once we have 2 servers and then put that script in) and then connect it to sql server (tomo and i had discussion about this yesterday on ts) i know its not gonna be easy to make this all work. [it should be reseted every month and top 3 players should be posted on portal.

*Disable numbers in chat while voting for next map

*pinglimit 600+= kick, 3 times kicked by ping limiter ban 12 hours

thats for now

« Last Edit: Sep 5, 2010, 19:23:48 by rijads »

Sep 12, 2010, 17:05:08
Reply #1

Mdbelen

Staff
"i know mdbelen was against this" this is... a little bit wrong.

and a rrrrrrly great idea the monthly reset and anouncing top 3 players of a month

Sep 13, 2010, 05:54:53
Reply #2

Over

-Correctly identifying each map as DD/DM/Race/etc.
-/ban , change to Serial rather than IP
-/fps , to show fps in a corner of the screen
-at map start, states whether GM is ON/OFF
-admin chat through /admin <message> ?
-PM or MSG without having to type the full name! Alternatively, pm in a seperate GUI.

Most aren't new, but would be helpful.
[Insert signature here]

Sep 14, 2010, 07:34:45
Reply #3

GuY

I particularly don't like the stats script cause I think its just too complicated for me. (ik because I joined other servers and theres tons of commands to do with stats to buy a repair or a nos is already hard enough) Maybe just kills and deaths not money to buy stuff cause I think its just too cheap.

/fps ++;

PM or MSG ++;

admin chat ++;

States if GM is on/off ++;

It would be good if the vote system only took a certain thing every slot.
Code: [Select]
1) DD
2) DD
3) DD
4) Race
5) Race
6 ) DM
7 ) DM
8 ) DM
9 ) DM

Something like that if possible.

Disable numbers while vote ++;

ping/fps limiter ++;

The admin panel is kinda buggy I agree with that.

Every month or so we should have a vote and delete all those buget or very old maps that aren't playable like carlifts.

Played voted GM? (Since some DM maps doesn't have GM and the spawns at close together players should be able to vote for GM only for DM/Race maps.)

More Ownage owls style modded objects / more stuff.

Fixing or removing bugged maps.

Ex - Moderator. /quit-ed

Sep 14, 2010, 17:37:41
Reply #4

Potzo

Staff
Yea, I think we wont have money system.
And I agree with all ideas above :P
Join us on Discord